[CW-Grad] Rickerby on TV - FYI

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Fri Jun 1 09:06:47 PDT 2012

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rickerby M Hinds <rickerby.hinds at ucr.edu>
Date: June 1, 2012 9:03:00 AM PDT
To: Erith Jaffe-Berg <erith.jaffe-berg at ucr.edu>, Tiffany Lopez <tiffany.lopez at ucr.edu>, Stu Krieger <stu.krieger at ucr.edu>, Haibo Yu <haibo.yu at ucr.edu>, Root Park <keun-pyo.park at ucr.edu>, Richard Hornby <richard.hornby at ucr.edu>, Eric Barr <eric.barr at ucr.edu>, CHUCKEvered <chuck.evered at ucr.edu>, Robin Russin <robin.russin at ucr.edu>
Subject: Me on TV - Just FYI

Hi--

Just FYI I'm going to be on a local pbs station today at 7...

Kerb

Friday April 1st at 7pm Channel 24 - Rickerby Hinds
UCR professor and playwright Rickerby Hinds joins Roger Bowman to discuss the artistry of Hip Hop and how he uses it to teach cultural themes to university students. Also discussed is the use of elements of this art form to engage students and relate to their experience as a step towards teaching them academic material.

Rickerby Hinds
Associate Professor, Playwriting
University of California, Riverside
951-830-1248

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto