[CW-Grad] Academic Support for Graduate Students

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 24 13:51:17 PST 2012

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andrea Gonzales <andrea.gonzales at ucr.edu>

Dear Colleagues,

      Please let your graduate students know that the Graduate Division has significantly expanded its offerings to help graduate students succeed at UCR.     We now have GRADPREP: The Graduate PRofessional Education and Placement Center, which  provides a variety of services to meet the needs of UCR’s diverse graduate student population. Housed in Graduate Division, GradPREP offers programs and workshops, drop-in consultations, appointments, and other resources. The members of the GradPREP team look forward to working with the graduate student community to develop writing, teaching, and speaking and to promote professional development.
 GradPREP comprises

Teaching Assistant Development Program (TADP)
Graduate Student Resource Center (GSRC)
Graduate Student Mentoring Program (GSMP)
Graduate Writing Resource Center (GWRC)
University Teaching Certificate Program (UTC)
English Language Development Program (ELDP)

Any of your graduate students needing help in any of these areas, should come by to take advantage of these services.  While some, such as the University Teaching Certificate program are quarter long and require advance registration, others like the Graduate Writing Resource Center, where students can get help with everything from grant applications to their dissertations and the English Language Development Program, where students can come to work on their speaking and comprehension skills are available with only a minimum of advance notice.

 Here are the GRADPREP urls:

http://gradprep.ucr.edu/

http://graduate.ucr.edu/tadpmain.html

Please let your students know.  This is a great resource and it is designed specifically to help graduate students.   GRADPREP is on the first floor of the University Office Building.  We look forward to seeing your students over here.

Joe

Joseph W. Childers
Dean, Graduate Division

951 827 4302

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto