[CW-Grad] Colrain Conferences: March & April Open for Applications

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 7 19:04:08 PST 2012

Perhaps of interest--

Begin forwarded message:

Dear Friends of the Colrain Conferences:

Our March 23-26 and April 27-30 conferences are now open for application. If you have a book-length or chapbook-length manuscript you think is ready, or nearly ready, for publication, please refer to this link for information on location, application requirements, cost and other details:

www.colrainpoetry.com

Since our first conference, in March of 2006, over 55 Colrain manuscripts have been accepted for publication. Our publication news is found here.

For information on the founding and purpose of the conferences, please see the Massachusetts Poetry Festival blog here.

I hope you will join us this spring!

Best Wishes,
Joan

Joan Houlihan, Founder & Director
Concord Poetry Center & Colrain Conferences
40 Stow Street
Concord, MA 01742
978-897-0054

NOTE: DO NOT HIT "REPLY" TO REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. PLEASE SEND TO: conferences at colrainpoetry.com

Attendees say:

"...My consultation completely changed the way I view the manuscript. There is nothing like what you are providing. Kudos!" Dawn Fewkes, Horseheads, NY

"...It was a goldmine for me especially, removed as I am from the academic world and from a community of serious poets." LouAnn Muhm, Park Rapids, MN, Teacher, Creative Writing

"...extremely helpful to hear responses to the other manuscripts. I learned as much or more from the critiques of others' manuscripts as I did from the critique of mine." Mary Crow, Fort Collins, CO, Poet Laureate of Colorado

" Attending the Colrain Manuscript Conference was undoubtedly the most profound poetry experience I've ever had. What I learned in forty-eight hours will be with me for years to come."Tracy Kroetsky, Berkley, CA

"...The Colrain conference was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. I feel well on my way, now, to a publishable manuscript." Pat Lowry Collins, MA

"The Colrain Manuscript Conference managed to pack into a weekend what a lot of grad school teachers never had time to do in their classes or individually: offer finishing touches to a manuscript eager to be picked up by a publisher." Steve Fellner, Brockport, NY

and MORE.

To Unsubscribe from this mailing list, click:

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto