[CW-Grad] FW: Call for Submissions: Origami Zoo Press Chapbook Contest

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Mon Dec 3 08:40:11 PST 2012

From: Anthony Martone [mailto:asmarton at asu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 1:06 PM
Subject: Call for Submissions: Origami Zoo Press Chapbook Contest

Dear Program Coordinators and Directors,

Just writing from Origami Zoo Press to let you know of an opportunity your students, alumni and faculty may be interested in. Details can be found below as well as at www.origamizoopress.com/chapbook-contest<http://www.origamizoopress.com/chapbook-contest>.

We are pleased to announce that the first ever Origami Zoo Chapbook Contest is
open for submissions from now until January 5, 2013! The final judge will be the
cataclysmic Matt Bell. Origami Zoo Press has published chapbooks by Laura van
den Berg, Chad Simpson, BJ Hollars and Brian Oliu.

PRIZES: Winner receives $250, publication by Origami Zoo Press in 2013, 25
copies of the chapbook, and plenty of love and affection.
One honorable mention will also be published by Origami Zoo Press in 2013,
receive 25 copies of the chapbook, and an equal amount of love and affection.

WHAT WE WANT: We want stories that surprise and thrill. We want words that come
alive with longing on the page. Basically, we just want our minds blown by your
writing. Send us something we haven’t seen anywhere else. Send us what you
think we absolutely must read.

GUIDELINES (please read thoroughly before submitting!): Submissions must be
received no later than January 5, 2013. Submit manuscripts of 40-80 pages in
either doc, docx, pdf, or rtf format. Both novellas and collections are welcome.
It's great if pieces of the manuscript have been previously published as
standalone pieces or excerpts, as long as the manuscript as a whole has not been
published. Include title page, table of contents and, if necessary, an
acknowledgements page. Pages should be numbered. Please do not put any
identifying information in the submission itself. In the cover letter field on
the submission form, include author's name, mailing address, phone number and
email. The author must not have a close personal or professional relationship
with either Matt Bell or the editors of Origami Zoo Press, Rebecca King and Sam
Martone. If an author is unsure if this applies to him or her, query us at
<origamizoopress(at)gmail.com<http://gmail.com>> (replace (at) with @ in sending email).
Simultaneous submissions are fine as long as you withdraw your manuscript from
the submission manager immediately upon acceptance elsewhere. An author may
enter the contest an unlimited amount of times, but each submission will require
its own reading fee. There are two options of reading fees: a $15 submission fee
for consideration, as well as guaranteed personalized feedback from the editors
if not chosen. Or, a $20 submission fee for consideration and personalized
feedback, plus a copy of the winning chapbook.

Find complete guidelines at http://origamizoopress.com/chapbook-contest/

Submit at https://origamizoopress.submittable.com/submit

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,