[CW-Grad] Golden Mean

Allen Ivers iversallen0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:18:11 PDT 2011

Hey Everybody,

The new year is beginning, and Golden Mean is trawling for new work!

For those of you new to the program, welcome to UCR! Golden Mean is a
theater program established by two UCR MFAs (Kevin Cramer and Rob Rinow)
back in 2005, designed to give university writers a chance to see their
plays up on stage. In 6 years, we have expanded to doing musicals, comedy,
and readings of poetry and fiction.

To kick off the new year, I'm throwing the doors open. We need short plays
for our first show of the season, and I'm calling out to you. 10 minute
plays, small casts, so we can get this year rolling fast and hard.

If you got full-lengths, poetry, fiction, or just don't want to write short
pieces, don't worry. Golden Mean runs year-long and our season is constantly
in flux. If you have a piece you want to see put up in a theater, drop me a
line at aiver001 at student.ucr.edu.

Also, the CWPA and Andrew Gutierrez are trawling for writers interested in
doing a monthly reading in local coffee shops and bookstores. If that's more
your taste, give her a shout.

All for now, but I look forward to meeting all the new kids/adults/drunks.
Have a good one!

--
Allen Ivers
Artistic Director