[CW-Grad] Come see Erith in Son of Semele's new production: "What the Moon Saw"

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Sep 12 11:28:30 PDT 2011

This is an inventive, funny and moving dreamscape of a play. Stu and I saw it on Saturday and loved it. If you're in LA, check it out!

Robin

Sent by: Son of Semele Ensemble
Reply to the sender

Matthew McCray
Artistic Director

3301 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90004
tickets at sonofsemele.org
BUY TICKETS
DONATE
VOLUNTEER
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

SEE THE 90 SECOND TEASER FOR
the world premiere of
What The Moon Saw,
or "I Only Appear To Be Dead"
by Stephanie Fleischmann

WATCH THE TEASER HERE

TIX NOW ON SALE!

What The Moon Saw is an interlocking collection of gritty urban riffs on five classic tales by Hans Christian Andersen, set in a post-9/11 world:

A bucket brigade of firemen, a fickle mermaid on dry land, a tin soldier and his dancing girl, matchstick visions, a frozen heart, and a moon longing to be seen. And one very disoriented Hans Christian Andersen making his way through a changed world.
9/11 ten years later, via an idiosyncratic mix of the impossible and the everyday, the mythic and the mundane.
Originally from Los Angeles, Stephanie Fleischmann is an award-winning playwright and librettist/lyricist based in New York whose work has been produced and developed internationally and at venues across the U.S. She is a co-founder of Latitude 14 (Red Fly/Blue Bottle), and an alumna of New Dramatists.
For more info on the show/artists, go here.
Other Videos
On the play's title - VIDEO LINK
On the melding of Hans Christian Andersen and 9/11 - VIDEO LINK
On the scenic design and objects - VIDEO LINK
September 9 - October 9, 2011:
Friday & Satuday @ 8:00 p.m.
Sunday @ 4:00 p.m.
Occasional Mondays @ 7:00 p.m. (see ticketing site)
Prices/Discounts:
Regular & Student

$17-$25 (buy early and save)
Tickets:
Buy Online Now

Address:
Son of Semele Theater
3301 Beverly Boulevard (@ Hoover)
Los Angeles, CA 90004

Parking Info:
Free street parking on Beverly and in the surrounding neighborhood.

Please leave extra time to navigate through the street construction and find a parking space. Street parking is all there is in the area, aside from $5.00 valet at Medusa Lounge which is on Beverly, one block east of the theater.

How To Reach Us:
By Email: Click Here
NEWS

SOSE Seeks Applications for the 2nd Annual Company Creation Festival.

Son of Semele Ensemble is seeking applications for Company Creation Festival, 8-weeks of new work generated by ensembles through unconventional means (presented in rep). The deadline to apply is September 15.

Download the application/guidelines here.

Last year's festival line-up can be found here.

For photos of the venue and technical specs, gohere.

This production is made possible, in part, by a grant from the Los Angeles County Arts Commissionand the City of Los Angeles, Department of Cultural Affairs.

Son of Semele Ensemble | 3301 Beverly Boulevard | Los Angeles, CA 90004 | tickets at sonofsemele.org

This e-mail was sent from Son of Semele Ensemble
Immediate removal with PatronMail®
SecureUnsubscribe.

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto