[CW-Grad] FW: Glimmer Train - October 31 deadline

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 19 07:30:24 PDT 2011

[http://glimmertrainpress.com/images/flagwaver_100x75.jpg]

FAMILY MATTERS    [Follow  glimmertrain on Twitter] <http://mail.glimmertrainpress.com/sendstudionx/link.php?M=8177651&N=400&L=251&F=H>

Deadline: October 31, 2011

Prizes:

1st place wins $1,200, publication in Glimmer Train Stories, and 20 copies.

2nd-place: $500 and possible publication.

3rd-place: $300 and possible publication.

Other considerations:

Open to all writers.

Pieces should be original, unpublished stories about family.

Word count: Submissions tend to run 1,500 to 6,000 words, but can go up to 12,000.

Reading fee is $15 per story.

Results post on December 31. Winning story will be published in Issue 86.

Note<http://mail.glimmertrainpress.com/sendstudionx/link.php?M=8177651&N=400&L=266&F=H> from the editors on Family Matters.

[Make a Submission]<http://mail.glimmertrainpress.com/sendstudionx/link.php?M=8177651&N=400&L=10&F=H>

We look forward to reading your work!
[http://glimmertrainpress.com/images/sister_sigs_160x42.jpg]

One of the most respected short-story journals in print, Glimmer Train Stories is represented in recent editions of the Pushcart Prize, O. Henry, New Stories from the South, New Stories from the Midwest, and Best American Short Stories anthologies.

In the brand-new Best American Short Stories, of the top "100 distinguished short stories," six appeared in Glimmer Train Stories, second only to the New Yorker. We are pleased to say that, of those six, two were those authors' first stories accepted for publication.

In a year's time we pay writers over $45,000, nearly a third of that going to new writers. Your subscriptions directly support those writers and help keep literary short fiction alive and vibrant. Thank you.

[http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/glimmertrain/logo-train-77x151.jpg]<http://mail.glimmertrainpress.com/sendstudionx/link.php?M=8177651&N=400&L=37&F=H>

You are subscribed as MFAadvising at ucr.edu<mailto:MFAadvising at ucr.edu>

Please note that we never share your contact information.
CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS<mailto:editors at glimmertrain.org?subject=Email%20Address%20Change>: send us your old address and the new. Thanks!
Questions? Please check our straightforward FAQs<http://mail.glimmertrainpress.com/sendstudionx/link.php?M=8177651&N=400&L=9&F=H>; if the answer isn't there: editors at glimmertrain.org<mailto:editors at glimmertrain.org>.

[http://mail.glimmertrainpress.com/sendstudionx/open.php?M=8177651&N=400&L=145&F=H]