[CW-Grad] FW: Short Fiction Contest Deadline Extension!

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 21 08:50:22 PST 2011

Short Fiction Contest Deadline Extended to December 1!
 $1,000 prize. 10 finalists. $10 to play.
hide this sectionhide this sectionhide this sectionhide this sectionhide this sectionhide this sectionhide this sectionhide this section add
Yemassee is a small journal run by the MFA students at the University of South Carolina.  We have just extended the deadline of our annual William Richey Short Fiction Contest.  It's a small contest (annually receiving only around 200 entries), with a big payoff (prize of $1000 and publication for winner and two runners-up).  General submissions in poetry, fiction, drama, creative nonfiction, etc, remain open, as always, with no fee.  We ask you to please consider passing this message along to students or colleagues in your program who may be interested.  Thanks for your time and support, and we hope to hear from your writers!

Sincerely,
Ashley Strosnider, Editor, Yemassee Journal

We want to see your work!
The 2011 William Richey Short Fiction Contest is a small contest with a big payoff.  Anually, we receive around 200 entries, and we pay out a whole $1,000 to the winner-- all for a meager $10 entry fee.

We know you're writers, but do the math.
Only 200-something entries?  For $1000?  Those are some pretty decent odds.
Interested yet?  Details are below.

Contest Details

George Singleton, award-winning story writer and novelist, will serve as guest judge for Yemassee's 2011 William Richey Short Fiction Contest, now accepting entries.  The author of the winning story will receive $1,000 and publication in Yemassee.  Yemassee will also publish stories by two runners-up, along with a list of ten finalists.

Submission Details

To enter, submit one piece of unpublished fiction of up to 10,000 words.  An entry fee of $10 must accompany each entry.  All submissions should be double-spaced.  Story title and page numbers should appear on each page, but the author's name should not appear anywhere within the entry.  All entries must be submitted through Submishmash<http://yemasseejournalonline.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0afc4f61143e2b387c12a9851&id=ad96975b52&e=fdcbc268b0>.  We welcome multiple story submissions; each story should be entered separately and will require its own entry fee.  All entries must be submitted by the EXTENDED DEADLINE-- DECEMBER 1!  Winner and finalists will be announced on our website, and the winner and two runners-up will appear in the next issue of Yemassee!  All entries will be considered for publication.

And either way, this is a good time to tell you we're revamping our website, www.yemasseejournalonline.com, so check in to see past contest winners as well as archives from past issues.  And now that you're on your laptop or your smart phone, check in on twitter @YemasseeJournal.

 follow us on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/YemasseeJournal/> | friend us on Facebook | forward to a friend<http://us1.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=0afc4f61143e2b387c12a9851&id=6d402ac123&e=fdcbc268b0>

Copyright © 2011 Yemassee, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Yemassee
Department of English
University of South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina 29208

Add us to your address book<http://yemasseejournalonline.us1.list-manage.com/vcard?u=0afc4f61143e2b387c12a9851&id=302a15113b>

Interested?
Find out more about us<http://yemasseejournalonline.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0afc4f61143e2b387c12a9851&id=3e8ad40c35&e=fdcbc268b0>.

Sent to bryan.bradford at ucr.edu — why did I get this?<http://yemasseejournalonline.us1.list-manage1.com/about?u=0afc4f61143e2b387c12a9851&id=302a15113b&e=fdcbc268b0&c=6d402ac123>
unsubscribe from this list<http://yemasseejournalonline.us1.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=0afc4f61143e2b387c12a9851&id=302a15113b&e=fdcbc268b0&c=6d402ac123> | update subscription preferences<http://yemasseejournalonline.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=0afc4f61143e2b387c12a9851&id=302a15113b&e=fdcbc268b0>
Yemassee · Department of English · University of South Carolina · Columbia, South Carolina 29208