[CW-Grad] Quarter After Eight Short Prose Contest

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 17 14:00:36 PST 2011

Subject: Quarter After Eight Short Prose Contest

Good afternoon!

The editors of Quarter After Eight are excited to announce that the deadline for the Robert J. DeMott Short Prose Contest has been extended to December 20th!

Submit your prose-poem, short-short fiction, essay-in-brief, etc. of 500 words or fewer, along with a $15 reading fee, and you will be eligible to win $1000 in addition to the publication of your work in our upcoming issue due out February 2012. All finalists for the contest will be considered for the publication.

Include a title page with your name, address, phone number, and the title of your submission(s). The reading fee is $15 for up to three pieces and includes a complimentary one-year subscription to the journal. Please make checks payable to Quarter After Eight.

Mail entries to: Quarter After Eight / Ohio University / 360 Ellis Hall / Athens, OH 45701

Please let us know if you have any  questions by sending an email to editors at quarteraftereight.org

We look forward to reading your submissions!

Jolynn Baldwin

Editor, Quarter After Eight

Steve Coughlin

Editor, Quarter After Eight