[CW-Grad] Fiction and Poetry Competition (REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters)

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Fri Nov 11 10:59:37 PST 2011

From: Christine McDermott <reallitmag at gmail.com>
Date: November 11, 2011 10:24:54 AM PST
To: <reallitmag at gmail.com>
Subject: Fiction and Poetry Competition (REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters)

Dear all,

REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, the literary journal at Stephen F. Austin State University, has extended the deadlines for the Larry D. Thomas Prize for Poetry and the William J. Stuckey Memorial Prize for Fiction. These are two great opportunities for young writers looking to pick up a publication. The new deadline is December 31, 2011.

The Larry D. Thomas Prize for Poetry
$500 Prize and publication
Entry fee: $10 for up to 3 poems

The William J. Stuckey Memorial Prize for Fiction
$500 Prize and publication
Entry Fee: $10 per story up to 4000 words
Entrant must attend a creative writing program (BFA, MA, MFA, Ph.D.)

Deadline:
December 31, 2011

All entrants receive a year’s subscription.

Make checks payable to REAL, and send them to:

Andrew Brininstool, Editor
REAL: Regarding Arts & Letters
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 13007, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3007
For more information, email us:  reallitmag at gmail.com

Thanks so much for disseminating!

All best,

Andrew Brininstool, Editor

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto