[CW-Grad] Share Your UC Story: Call for Poetry, Non Fiction, Interviews and Visual Art submissions!

Rachelle Cruz rachelle.a.cruz at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:47:11 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I hope you can contribute!  Please share with your networks.

Best,
Rachelle

>From UCR'tists: <http://ucrtists.wordpress.com/>

Novelist and Professor in Creative Writing, Susan Straight wrote this in a
recent letter to students, families, staff and faculty:

*Write your story, tell us what you did before you got here, what your
parents did, and what you plan to do with your life with your degree –
whatever your major, whatever your career, whether you’ve just arrived or
are in graduate school or are working.  If you’re in high school and plan to
attend a UC, write about your plans.  If you’re graduated, let us know what
you do.*

UCR’tists are currently in the process of curating a section for *Community
Stories* on our blog.  We are sending out a call to YOU – students, faculty,
staff and families – who are affected by the recent proposed 32% (or $1
billion) to the UC system.  Send us poems, non-fiction, interviews, visual
art, photography, letters to your legislators, responses to Susan Straight
and Tom Lutz’s letters. * Please email text submissions in (doc.) or (pdf.)
format and visual submissions in (jpeg.) or (pdf.) to ucrtists (at)
gmail.com.  The submissions period is on a rolling basis.  We look forward
to reading them!*
Please check out the blog: http://ucrtists.wordpress.com/

*****
Rachelle Cruz,
Host of "The Blood-Jet Writing Hour" Radio Show
www.thebloodjet.wordpress.com