[CW-Grad] Fwd: Global Call for Submissions: New $50, 000 Poetry Competition

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 31 07:51:34 PDT 2011

FYI. Please note there is an entry fee.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Asa Boxer <aboxer at montrealprize.com>
Date: March 31, 2011 7:48:59 AM PDT
To: robin.russin at ucr.edu
Subject: Global Call for Submissions: New $50,000 Poetry Competition

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to notify your creative writing program about a major new global poetry competition that was launched on March 24.

The Montreal International Poetry Prize will award $50,000for a single poem in any style and in any English dialect.

As the Montreal Prize is a grassroots non-profit in its first year, we're appealing to everyone we can to help spread the word about our project. You can find out more about us at http://www.montrealprize.com or here.

If you think this competition is something your creative writing students would like to know about, we would be grateful if you would please pass on this email to your students, or post our printer-friendly poster somewhere where students will see it.

The early entry deadline for the competition is April 22.

If you have any questions about the Montreal Prize, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Asa Boxer

Director | Montreal International Poetry Prize

4721 Rivard | Montreal, QC | H2J 2N5

CANADA

Tel | +1 514-845-4267

E | aboxer at montrealprize.com

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto