[CW-Grad] A great seminar next quarter

Andrew Winer andrew.winer at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 4 08:11:56 PST 2011

Dear MFAs,

I highly encourage all of you--in all genres--to enroll in Visiting Assistant Professor Piotr Florczyk's CRWT 275 seminar next quarter.  Piotr is a talented young international poet (and a former professional swimmer) who brings a new voice to our program from which all of you could benefit.  In addition to writing and translating poetry and essays, Piotr has co-founded an exciting publishing press, Calypso Editions.  I'm presently reading their new translation of Tolstoy's How Much Land Does A Man Need? and find it electrifying.  Piotr is well-versed in the current literary scene here and abroad, across all genres.  I've had the opportunity to spend time with him, and know you'll enjoy taking his seminar.

Andrew

Andrew Winer
Assistant Professor, Grad Advisor, and Gluck Fellows Program Coordinator
Department of Creative Writing
4135 INTS Building
University of California
Riverside, California 92521