[CW-Grad] Fwd: Rally/Press Conference this Friday, June 3rd to prevent more budget cuts

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Jun 2 15:47:56 PDT 2011

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: Patricia Morton <patricia.morton at ucr.edu>
Date: June 2, 2011 1:23:30 PM PDT
To: Patricia Morton <patricia.morton at ucr.edu>
Subject: Fwd: Rally/Press Conference this Friday, June 3rd to prevent more budget cuts

Dear Concerned Colleagues,

Please try to attend & encourage your students to attend this
important action below to put pressure on Assemblyman Nestande
to support tax extensions & other revenue raising initiatives
to prevent more cuts.

***Stand UP for California!

@ State Assemblyman Brian Nestande’s Riverside Office
12:00 Noon-1pm on Friday, June 3
1223 University Avenue Suite 230 Riverside, CA (Next to Fat
Burger)

UCR Prof. Chris Chase-Dunn & UCR student David Castillo will
be speaking along with service workers & their clients. If
more state revenues are not raised, UC could face another $500
million cut in its budget. HUGE additional cuts are also
proposed for public education (K-12 & higher), a wide range of
social services including services for low-income children,
the elderly, the disabled, etc.

Please distribute this message & the attached flyer for the
action widely. Also attached is info on the current budget
situation & what is at stake.

Name: Flyer june 3 riverside.docx

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto