[CW-Grad] Golden Mean 2011-2012

Allen Ivers iversallen0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:09:20 PDT 2011

It's that time of year again!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Allen Ivers, and I coordinate the
student-run theater company on campus. Student productions of student
written plays, and we're looking for some plays!

Our first production of the year is a night of ten minutes, short plays
typically around 10 pages that revolve around particular themes. We are open
to all submissions from UCR students, so you don't have to be a Playwright
to submit-- you're a Fiction grad, you got a play you want to see performed,
send it my way.

The second production for the Fall quarter is a full-length play. These
plays run a wide range, anywhere from 40-80 pages. We do take works in
progress, as long as the first draft is done. That's part of what we do at
Golden Mean.

A play reading in a professional environment will cost you, but at UCR we
want to help troubleshoot plays, along with getting actors and directors
some practical time in front of an audience. This is an opportunity for you
to field test some of your work, see what works and what doesn't.

So if you've got plays and you want to see 'em on-stage send em to:
aiver001 at student.ucr.edu

--
Allen Ivers
Artistic Director