[CW-Grad] The Coming Out Monologues

Melissa Harkness mhark001 at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 12 19:14:58 PST 2011

Hey all -

S.R. Mishler informs me that the Coming Out Monologues still need some more
monologues. This is a great opportunity to get a piece of yours up on its
feet. Information below:

The 5th Annual Coming Out Monologues needs monologues, thus the deadline
extended!!

FAQS:
1. Monologues are about your experiences coming out as whatever you identify
as to whoever you came out to (my favorite example is from our first year
where a man came out to his mother as being into kink)
2. Monologues are based on experiences that you actually had (I get
questions about this one a lot)
3. Performances are April 14th and 15th, both at 8pm.  There is a $5
suggested donation, but we don't kick anyone out. You just don't get raffle
tickets.
4. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ YOUR OWN MONOLOGUE. This really freaks people out
and prevents some people from submitting. Or at least that's what they've
told me. There will be auditions in week 9 (there will be another FB page
for that) and actors will be provided for you.
5. If you wish for your monologue to be anonymous, tell us and we will
respect that.
6.  Money raised by this event goes to student scholarships for both
undergrad and grad students.
7.  Pieces should be 1-4 pages.
8. Answers to further questions can be found at http://out.ucr.edu/events/
tcom.htm
That should be everything.

*All monologues are due before midnight on Feb. 10 to the email address
coming.out.ucr at gmail.com.
*
Even if you are not interested, please pass onto friends, classmates, and
students.

Thanks,

Melissa