[CW-Grad] FW: UCR professors selected as "top writers in LA"

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 10 09:13:19 PST 2011

Cograts, Chris!!

Not news to us, obviously--!

Robin

On Jan 10, 2011, at 8:09 AM, Bryan Bradford wrote:

Professor Chris Abani was among eleven writers selected by The Root as the top writers in LA, along with new Visiting Assistant Professor Lisa Teasley and former UCR prof Percival Everett.  The article is "Los Angeles' Black Literary Giants."

http://www.theroot.com/multimedia/writing-and-about-la-la-land

Please see attached the flyer for more details.

Reza Aslan and Hooman Majd: A
Conversation about Politics and Culture in Iran Today

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

6:30 PM

INTS 1128

Open
to the UCR Campus Community

Iranian-American
authors Hooman Majd (The Ayatollah Begs to Differ) and Reza Aslan (Tablet
& Pen: Literary Landscapes from the Modern Middle East; No god but
God) will join Prof. Tom Lutz to discuss their unique and fascinating
perspectives on the state of politics and culture in contemporary Iran.

Best,

Bryan Bradford

MFA Coordinator

Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts

University of California, Riverside

900 University Ave

3014 INTN Building

Riverside, CA 92521