[CW-Grad] Glimmer Train SHORT STORY AWARD for NEW WRITERS

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Sun Feb 20 19:02:52 PST 2011

Note, there is a fee to enter.

 	 SHORT STORY AWARD for NEW WRITERS
Deadline: February 28, 2011

Prizes:
	 1st place wins $1,200, publication in Glimmer Train Stories, and 20 copies.
	 2nd-place: $500 and possible publication.
	 3rd-place: $300 and possible publication.

Other considerations:
	 Open only to writers whose fiction has not appeared in any print publication with a circulation over 5,000. (Entries, of course, must not have appeared in any print publication.)
	 Please, no longer than 12,000 words. Any shorter lengths are welcome.
	 Reading fee is $15 per story.
	 Results post on April 30. Winning story will be published in Issue 83.

We look forward to reading your work!

One of the most respected short-story journals in print, Glimmer Train Stories is represented in recent editions of the Pushcart Prize, O. Henry, New Stories from the South, New Stories from the Midwest, and Best American Short Stories anthologies.

In the brand-new Best American Short Stories, of the top "100 distinguished short stories," six appeared in Glimmer Train Stories, second only to the New Yorker. We are pleased to say that, of those six, two were those authors’ first stories accepted for publication.

In a year’s time we pay writers over $45,000, nearly a third of that going to new writers. Your subscriptions directly support those writers and help keep literary short fiction alive and vibrant. Thank you.

	You are subscribed as robin.russin at ucr.edu

Please note that we never share your contact information.
CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS: send us your old address and the new. Thanks!
Don't want to get our bulletins and reminders? UNSUBSCRIBE here.
Questions? Please check our straightforward FAQs; if the answer isn't there: editors at glimmertrain.org.

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto