[CW-Grad] Yemassee Poetry Contest

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 16 18:05:00 PST 2011

Yemassee Poetry Contest - note that there is an entry fee.

Hello:

I am a co-Editor of Yemassee, the University of South Carolina's literary journal, and am writing to ask if you could forward this contest announcement to your writing program.

Thank you,
Bhavin Tailor

Yemasse is proud to announce the
2011 Pocataligo Poetry Contest
Grand Prize Poem receives $500
Two runners up receive $100 each
Ten additional finalists will be named
All entries considered for publication in Yemassee
Submissions should include 3-5 unpublished poems, a $10 reading fee, and a cover letter including name, contact information (including a working email address), and the title of each piece. Your name must not appear on any page of the manuscript. No manuscripts will be returned.

Submit online via submishmash. We still accept mailed submissions, if you prefer. Address mailed submissions to:

2011 Pocataligo Poetry Contest
Yemassee
Department of English
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208

$10 check to be made payable to Educational Foundation/English Literary Magazine Fund

We do not consider published works or works that have been accepted for publication elsewhere. We do allow simultaneous submissions, but please notify us if the entry is accepted elsewhere. No refunds will be issued for withdrawals. We do accept multiple submissions, but a separate $10 reading fee must accompany each entry.

Deadline: March 31, 2011

Guest Judge: Ray McManus

http://yemasseejournalonline.org/poetry_contest.html

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto