[CW-Grad] Internship Opp with Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson - TO START IMMEDIATELY

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 10 16:21:42 PST 2011

To pass along:

The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson is offering a rare opportunity. Currently, we are accepting applications to complete a special mid-semester internship. Your internship would begin immediately following your acceptance and continue thru the end of May 2011. Please be aware that you will need to be available at least 3 weekdays to receive college credit.

See below for further details and information on how to apply. Hope to see you soon!

DESCRIPTION

The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson's well-established internship program provides top caliber students an exceptional opportunity to explore and learn all aspects of television production on a late night comedy-variety network series. Interns gain valuable knowledge and insight of the television industry, and most importantly, make contacts in this competitive field. The Late Late Show is produced by Worldwide Pants Incorporated (Late Show with David Letterman, Everybody Loves Raymond, Ed) a prestigious, Emmy award winning production company.

RESPONSIBILITIES
Interns are rotated through the following departments, working closely with the staff to assist in daily production work, including:

Talent & Music - maintain producers' calendars for guest bookings, organize and sort submissions; manage talent and publicist databases; coordination of musical guests; possible participation in booking meetings.

Research - organize, file, distribute publications and other resources. Perform research on upcoming guests to be used by segment producers for interview reference.

Production - manage copying and distribution of scripts, rundowns, schedules, and revisions ensuring office, stage, and all production departments have up-to-date information; research music publishing information; update show database, phone coverage; pick up/drop off errands as necessary (all mileage will be reimbursed) general production office support.

Post Production - Assist editors/producers: track and traffic tapes between editing, control room, CBS edit/tape facility; log daily entries on edit systems; manage tape library; make dubs; general post production support, learn editing basics of Avid.

Control Room - Assist control room operations during daily rehearsals and tapings; field phone calls; copy and distribute script revisions; perform daily duties on behalf of director, associate director and other control room personnel.

REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS

Hours. Assist control room operations during daily rehearsals and tapings; field phone calls; copy and distribute script revisions; perform daily duties on behalf of director, associate director and other control room personnel.

Qualifications. We look for star interns, students with a bright, positive attitude, intelligence, and potential. Other key qualities appreciated in our best interns are commitment, motivation, organization, responsibility, and professionalism. In addition, they are hardworking, personable, outgoing, fun, energetic and friendly, and therefore make a good fit and contribute to the great work atmosphere of our office. Candidates should be entering their junior or senior year of college. We offer the opportunity to observe, learn, ask questions, and be integrally involved in the production. Many former interns who demonstrated talent, interest, desire and ability to contribute to the success of the show have been hired for staff positions. If you excel, and we have no current openings at the time of your graduation, we will be pleased to do whatever we can to help you find your way in the industry. The goal of the program is to expose you to all aspects of production so you can determine your own abilities and interests, and pursue your first career position having acquired knowledge, understanding, and confidence through your experience at The Late Late Show.

College Credit. Students must receive credit through their college programs to be eligible for internships. Internships are unpaid

APPLICATION PROCEDURE

Applications are accepted throughout the year.

For consideration, please email us a cover letter and resume to:

Andrea Wayland – Internship Coordinator
LateLateShowIntern at cbs.com

*Please note selected candidates will be asked to come to our Los Angeles office for an in-person interview.

Thank you very much for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto