[CW-Grad] CutBank contests - deadline February 28th

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 10 08:14:52 PST 2011

FYI -- deadline approaches. Please note there is an entry fee.

CutBank contests - deadline February 28th

Greetings,

CutBank Literary Magazine's annual print contests, the Montana Prize in Fiction, Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction, and the Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry, close on February 28th. The goal of the Montana and Goedicke Prizes is to recognize work that showcases an authentic voice, a boldness of form, and a rejection of functional fixedness. Winners receive $500 and publication in CutBank 75, our summer 2011 issue. This year's judges include Eileen Myles (fiction), Thalia Field (creative nonfiction) and D. A. Powell (poetry). We hope you'll share the following opportunities with your students. More information is available below, and at www.cutbankonline.org. Thank you!

Yours truly,

Kate Rutledge Jaffe
CutBank Editor-in-Chief
www.cutbankonline.org
cutbank at umontana.edu

- - -

MONTANA PRIZE IN FICTION, MONTANA PRIZE IN CREATIVE NONFICTION, PATRICIA GOEDICKE PRIZE IN POETRY

CutBank Literary Magazine's annual print contests, the Montana Prize in Fiction, Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction, and the Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry, close on February 28th. The goal of the Montana and Goedicke Prizes is to recognize work that showcases an authentic voice, a boldness of form, and a rejection of functional fixedness.

This year, Eileen Myles will judge the fiction contest, Thalia Field will judge the nonfiction contest, and D. A. Powell will judge the poetry contest. We're thrilled to have such an esteemed group of writers participating in this year's awards.

Submissions are accepted through February 28, 2011. Winners receive $500 and publication in CutBank 75. All submissions will be considered for publication in CutBank. The contests' $17 entry fee includes a one-year, two-issue subscription to CutBank, beginning with the prize issue, CutBank 75. For more information, click here or submit to the contest directly by clicking here!

To learn more about our other exciting ventures this year, visit cutbankonline.org. Thank you!

Yours truly,

CutBank Literary Magazine

www.cutbankonline.org

cutbank at umontana.edu

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto