[CW-Grad] Fwd: Focus Features - Publicity Intern Recruitment

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Aug 11 12:23:35 PDT 2011

FYI

From: Publicity, DarrenDeLuca (Focus Features) [DarrenDeLuca.Publicity at FocusFeatures.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:48 AM
To: Eric Barr
Cc: Rojas, Jerry (Focus Features)
Subject: Focus Features - Publicity Intern Recruitment

Hi Eric,

My name is Darren DeLuca and I am contacting you on behalf of the publicity department at Focus Features.   We are in the process of recruiting interns for the fall semester 2011 but also for future internship opportunities.

As a publicity intern at Focus Features, candidates will have the opportunity to play a vital role in the day-to-day operations of our department for the months spent working with us.  Interns have the opportunity to take part in our intern seminar program, bi- weekly executive Q+A meetings,  as well as access intern events and seminars that NBCUniversal hosts on the lot.

We would like to extend our internship opportunity to the students at your school. If possible, please forward the job description to those students that are interested in applying. Let me know if you have any questions or if you have any suggestions on the best way to reach students at your school.

Please feel fee to contact me via email or phone and send resumes of interested intern candidates to focus.publicityinterns at gmail.com.

Focus Features Publicity Interns:
Publicity Interns perform in a busy, fast-paced domestic publicity department with various duties including “breaking” daily press clippings, monitoring Internet coverage, managing and organizing a periodicals library, pitching to promotional partners, and overseeing research projects. Candidates should be detail-oriented, motivated, hard working, and have a desire to learn. All interns must be able to obtain school credit and be at least of sophomore standing. To apply please send your cover letter and resume to:
focus.publicityinterns at gmail.com

About Focus Features:
Focus Features, part of NBC Universal, is a singular global company dedicated to producing, acquiring, financing, selling, and distributing original and daring films from emerging and established filmmakers – films that challenge mainstream moviegoers to embrace and enjoy voices and visions from around the world. The company operates as Focus Features domestically, and as Focus Features International overseas. (http://www.filminfocus.com)

Thank you in advance and I look forward to working together!

Best regards,

Darren DeLuca
Focus Features
100 Universal City Plaza