[CW-Grad] FW: Creative Writing Publication Opportunity

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 25 08:10:22 PDT 2011

From: ctazzara at gmail.com [mailto:ctazzara at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Corey
Tazzara
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:14 PM
To: Corey Tazzara
Subject: Creative Writing Publication Opportunity

Hello,

My name is Corey Tazzara and I am a PhD student in history at Stanford
University.  I am also an editor for a literary journal journal called
Literary Laundry.  We are currently calling for submissions for our third
issue and are offering cash prizes to the most engaging writing we encounter
(see details below). I was wondering if you would please forward the
following message to your department's professors, graduate students,
majors, and minors.

~~~~~~~~

Call for submissions in creative writing:

Literary Laundry is excited to announce its third call for submissions. As
always, all work submitted to the journal will be considered for our writing
competitions. We are offering the following cash awards: $500 for the best
poem, $500 for the best short story, and $250 for the best one-act drama.

This writing competition is open to writers of all ages. Our most recent
issue featured work from professors and graduate students, as well as from
undergraduates. In addition to our general competition, we are also
sponsoring an undergraduate-only competition, offering $250 for the best
undergraduate poem, and $250 for the best undergraduate short story.

All award-winning work will be published in our bi-annual online journal and
our print retrospect. Submissions are due June 1, 2011. There is no
submission fee.

Visit us at www.literarylaundry.com and submit your work.

Thank you,

-The Literary Laundry Editors