[CW-Grad] FW: Yemassee Poetry Contest

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 8 11:56:55 PDT 2011

Hello:

I am a co-Editor of Yemassee, the University of South Carolina's literary journal, and am writing to ask if you could forward this contest announcement to your writing program. We sent an email out a few months ago, and the contest has now been extended until April 15th.

Thank you,
Bhavin Tailor

  _____

Yemassee has extended the

2011 Pocataligo Poetry Contest

*	Grand Prize Poem receives $500
*	Two runners up receive $100 each
*	Ten additional finalists will be named
*	All entries considered for publication in Yemassee

http://yemasseejournalonline.org/poetry_contest.html

Submissions should include 3-5 unpublished poems, a $10 reading fee, and a cover letter including name, contact information (including a working email address), and the title of each piece. Your name must not appear on any page of the manuscript. No manuscripts will be returned.

Submit online via submishmash. We still accept mailed submissions, if you prefer. Address mailed submissions to:

2011 Pocataligo Poetry Contest

Yemassee

Department of English

University of South Carolina

Columbia, SC 29208

$10 check to be made payable to Educational Foundation/English Literary Magazine Fund

We do not consider published works or works that have been accepted for publication elsewhere. We do allow simultaneous submissions, but please notify us if the entry is accepted elsewhere. No refunds will be issued for withdrawals. We do accept multiple submissions, but a separate $10 reading fee must accompany each entry.

Deadline: March 31, 2011 April 15th, 2011

Guest Judge: Ray McManus

http://yemasseejournalonline.org/poetry_contest.html