[CW-Grad] Fwd: Arcadia Literary Journal: Call for Submissions

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 28 13:52:36 PDT 2010

Subject: Arcadia Literary Journal: Call for Submissions

Greetings,

Arcadia Literary Journal is now accepting submissions for Volume 2 due out April 1, 2011. And this time around, we have decided to change our editorial focus somewhat. Being writers ourselves, we have become increasingly aware of--and bitterly disappointed in--the limitations other journals seem to pin on themselves.  They only want a certain word count, traditional narratives, or experimental, or avant-garde, or postmodern, or only realistic short stories, flash fiction, lyric poetry, narrative free verse, photography, interviews, or creative nonfiction (whatever definition of that particular art form they subscribe to) and ABSOLUTELY NO GENRE FICTION.  Most journals--and I feel I am being generous with "most"--will only pick and choose three or four of these and continue to grind out the same exact magazine issue after issue with a few words rearranged and with varying bylines.  We want to put an end to this nonsense.  We want to see your very best work whatever that may be.  It could be a novella, a traditional short story, a free verse poem, a painting, a photograph, a stand-up comedy routine, a full-length album, a music video you and your buddies shot in your parents' garage, a short film, a mockumentary, an epic poem about the Dukes of Hazzard, or even a sculpture made of dry macaroni and your little sister's Play-Doh.  We don't care.  We want to see it, read it, hear it, and love it.  And if it kicks ass, we will find a way to publish it.  If this sounds like a journal you’d want to read, submit.  You can find all guidelines on our website:  http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/arcadia/Arcadia.html

Sincerely,

The Editors

Arcadia Literary Journal

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto