[CW-Grad] New MFA Introductions

Yvette Doss yvette.doss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:15:48 PDT 2010

Hey, everyone. Yvette Doss checking in. I'm an L.A. native. UC Berkeley
undergrad and grad school (Philosophy and Journalism, respectively). I'm
seeing a trend here...

I've worked as a magazine editor, indie newspaper publisher, NPR radio
commentator, news reporter, etc. I firmly believe print media is not dead.
It's just in a long, deep coma. Just wait for the next Y2K-ish scare. Same
goes for fiction (the not-dead part, not the deep coma part). My emphasis is
Fiction. Screenwriting is the other.

Currently working for a charter school group in South L.A. helping
low-income kids get into college, and trying my hardest not to become a
Soccer Mom the rest of the time. (I'm kicking, I'm screaming.)

I also like playing with metal. As Albert Goldbarth said, We're born, and
everything after that is self-medication.