[CW-Grad] Glimmer Train Press now open to new fiction

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 2 18:40:28 PDT 2010

There is a reading fee and it's very competitive. Still, here's the info (you'll need to sign up and create an account):

http://www.glimmertrain.com/

We are interested in reading your original, unpublished stories! Open to all themes and all writers. (We don't publish stories for children and we don't publish novels, I'm sorry.) We do consider unpublished novel excerpts if they feel like complete stories. Multiple submissions are fine. (You can send more than one submission per competition, if you like, or submit the same story for different categories, if it qualifies). When we accept a story for publication, we are purchasing first-publication rights. (Once we've published your story, you are free to, for instance, include it in your own collection.)

	• September. Results post at www.glimmertrain.org November 30.

Reading fee: $20 per story.

Awards: 1st place wins $2,000, publication in Glimmer Train Stories, 20 copies of that issue, and a one-year subscription. 2nd/ 3rd-place: $1,000/$600, respectively.

Other considerations:

	• Open to all writers, all themes, so have at it!
	• Word count: 2,000 to 20,000

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto