[CW-Grad] NEW MEDIA INTERNSHIPS: PHOTOGRAPHY, DESIGN, AND VIDEO

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 29 19:31:26 PDT 2010

NEW MEDIA INTERNSHIPS: PHOTOGRAPHY, DESIGN, AND VIDEO

Mayor Villaraigosa is currently seeking interns who specialize in photography, design and/or video who are looking for high-level political communications experience. Interns will gain invaluable knowledge in the areas of documentary photography and film, website layout, and political new media tools.

Interns will get behind-the-scenes access to document Mayor Villaraigosa's Mayoral activities, and be granted creative responsibilities issues such as photo-editing, video-editing and website layout.

Requirements:

*Applicants must be highly motivated, responsible, punctual, and committed.
*Applicants must have experience in at least one of the following programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro, Flash, Java
*This internship requires at least 10-12 hours of work per week. However, with more hours interns will be granted more responsibility and leadership opportunities.

College credit is available in certain situations; please contact yourcounselor for more details.

E-mail resumes and samples to adam.cooper at lacity.org

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto