[CW-Grad] From Susan Straight: so much news!

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 26 12:28:00 PDT 2010

Begin forwarded message:

From: Susan Straight <gailarose at yahoo.com>
Date: October 26, 2010 12:16:21 PM PDT
To: rrussin at ucr.edu, Tom Lutz <tomlutz at ucr.edu>
Subject: so much news!

Robin and Tom,

So much great stuff to read, and pass along.

Reza has a wonderful interview on The Daily Beast.

And Chris Abani, Victoria Patterson and I have essays in a new anthology called Bound to Last:  30 Writers on their Most Cherished Book.  I didn't know three Riverside people would be in there!

Chris' piece on Baldwin is astonishing, and I can't wait to read Tory's.

Today is happy pub date for Andrew Winer's new novel, and Chris Buckley's reading from his new book - a stellar day for us.

-- Susan

I would also add that Reza's new anthology, Tablet and Pen, A New Anthology of Literature from the Middle East, is featured on Skylight's "Favorite books" shelf.

-- Robin