[CW-Grad] Fwd: Creative Writing Publication Opportunity - money prizes and no submission fee

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 21 00:07:46 PDT 2010

So check it out and pass it along, especially to your undergrads, as there's a special section for them. Note there is also a one-act drama section.

Robin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Corey Tazzara <ctazzara at stanford.edu>
Date: October 20, 2010 7:42:12 PM PDT
To: Corey Tazzara <ctazzara at stanford.edu>
Subject: Creative Writing Publication Opportunity

Hello,

My name is Corey Tazzara and I am a PhD student in history at Stanford University.  I am also an editor for a new online fiction journal called Literary Laundry.  We are currently calling for submissions for our second issue and are offering cash prizes to the most engaging writing we encounter.  In addition to our general competition, we also sponsor an undergraduate-only cash-prize competition (see details below). I was wondering if you would forward the following message to your department’s majors, minors, graduate students, and interested professors.

Thank you,

Corey

---------------------------------------

Call for submissions in creative writing:

We would like to introduce Literary Laundry, a new online journal that aims to publish outstanding contemporary fiction in the genres of poetry, prose fiction, and one-act drama.

We are excited to announce our second issue, and with it, our second writing competition. We are offering the following cash awards: $500 for the best poem, $500 for the best short story, and $250 for the best one-act drama.

Additionally, we are sponsoring an undergraduate-only competition, offering $250 for the best undergraduate poem, and $250 for the best undergraduate short story.

All award-winning work will be published in our bi-annual online journal and our annual print retrospect. Submissions are due December 1, 2010. There is no submission fee.

Click here to visit our website at www.literarylaundry.com and submit your work.

Thank you,

-The Literary Laundry Editors

--
Corey Tazzara
Ph.D. Candidate, History Department

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto