[CW-Grad] Fwd: IMP: Free LA Theater Tickets

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 4 16:30:46 PDT 2010

Check this out! Thanks to Prof. Tiffany Lopez for passing this along.

Robin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tiffany Lopez <tiffany.lopez at ucr.edu>
Date: October 4, 2010 4:28:25 PM PDT
To: Eric Barr <Eric.Barr at ucr.edu>, rrussin at ucr.edu
Subject: IMP: Free LA Theater Tickets

Dear Eric and Robin,
I wanted to share this information with you so that you might forward it to our colleagues and students.

The LA Weekly is sponsoring a week of Free Nights of Theater in Los Angeles. One can enter for tickets to five performances -- meaning five different plays OR five performances of the same play. There are about twenty-five listed theater participating, with productions including: Lynn Nottage's Ruined at The Geffen, Tim Robbins' Break the Whip at The Actor's Gang, The revival of Teatro de la Esperanza's classic La Victima at LATC, Oliver Mayer's The Wiggle Room at Company of Angeles, and many many more (La Razon Blindada, Measure for Measure, Terra Haute, Hedda Gabler, Take Me Out). The deadline for entry is 6 pm, October 6, 2010. Free tickets will be given away and announced on October 9.

What a great opportunity for our students to experience theater in LA and for us to discover new theater spaces!

Saludos,
Tiffany

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto