[CW-Grad] From MFA Alumnus Patrick Seitz -- new animated Japanese feature

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 17 18:00:05 PST 2010

Patrick writes:

I wrote the English adaptation of an animated Japanese feature called "Summer Wars," which will be screening in Southern California in December and January as part of the distributor's bid to try and get it an Oscar nom for Best Animated Feature.

It'll be showing at the AMC Covina 30 from December 10th through 16th, and the Laemmle Sunset from January 14th through 20th.  I believe a theater in San Diego's slated to show it, too, though I'm waiting on official confirmation of those dates.

Folks can check out the US theatrical trailer, hi-res screenshots, and the plot synopsis here:  http://www.gkids.tv/summer/

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto