[CW-Grad] Economic Stimulus for Theatre Lovers: $5.00 Tix for Oedipus El Rey

Eva Konstantopoulos evakonstantopoulos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 08:50:30 PST 2010

At the Boston Court Theatre in Pasadena.

Cheers,
Eva

Sunday, March 7- 2:00 p.m. performance
Economic Stimulus for Theatre Lovers
All tickets $5.
Tickets available first come, first served. Cash or check at the door.
No advance sales, no credit cards.
Availability is limited. Tickets go on sale March 7th at 1pm.
http://www.bostoncourt.com/
Pasadena, CA

Oedipus El Rey
National New Play Network World Premiere by Luis Alfaro
Directed by Jon Lawrence Rivera

Previews February 18 - 26
Runs February 27 - March 28, 2010

In this gritty reimagining of Sophocles’ Oedipus Rex, the modern
kingdom is the barrio of East LA. Our ruler, just released from
prison, is in search of a new place called home. Along the way he
faces off with a wounded queen, a three-headed born-again serpent and
a king with road rage. Is our young homeboy doomed to suffer his
destiny? The word on the street is not good, but great love conquers
all. A shared world premiere with San Francisco's Magic Theatre.