[CW-Grad] Palm Springs IFF Programming Internship

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 16 09:52:26 PDT 2010

FYI, via Prof. Stu Krieger---

Palm Springs International Film Festival (January 5-17, 2011) Programming Internship
This internship will provide the participant with insight and practical experience into the programming of a major international film festival and other initiatives that support the festival. Individual responsibilities will include working directly with the Programming Coordinator on such tasks as maintaining accurate records for films, collecting promotional materials, verifying information for publications, researching and summarizing film reviews, assisting the Coordinator in planning the Festival's Student Screening Day on Jan. 5th, communication with guests and the guest department regarding filmmaker attendance and more.  Ideally, the intern will be available from the end of September through the end of the festival; every attempt will be made to accommodate the intern's school/work schedule.

Qualifications:
Interns must have a strong career interest in film production, exhibition, or marketing and be able to commit to working an average of 20 hours per week for the duration of the internship.  Strong computer skills a must, experience with Excel and databases a plus.
Contact information:
Ken Jacobson, Programming Coordinator
Palm Springs International Film Festival
ken at psfilmfest.org

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto