[CW-Grad] Fwd: Message from the Senate Chair - Yudof in today's Chronicle of Higher Ed

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 1 11:25:23 PDT 2009

For the UC President's explanation as to why tuition must go up. I
pass this along not because I agree, but because you may be interested
in reading it.

Robin

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "UCR Academic Senate, Sellyna Ehlers" <sehlers at ucr.edu>
> Date: September 30, 2009 8:36:26 AM PDT
> To: <sellyna.ehlers at ucr.edu>
> Cc: <marla.booth at ucr.edu>, <susan.stracener at ucr.edu>, "'Sherry'" <sherry.gonzalez at ucr.edu
> >, "'Sarah Miller'" <sarah.miller at ucr.edu>, "'Shanshan Liao'" <shanshal at ucr.edu
> >, "'Cynthia Palmer'" <cynthiap at ucr.edu>
> Subject: Message from the Senate Chair - Yudof in today's Chronicle
> of Higher Ed
>
> September 30, 2009
>          UCR
>        SENATE
>
> Faculty colleagues,
>
> In the current Chronicle of Higher Education (see attached PDF)
> President Yudof has a serious statement for the citizens of
> California, the legislature, faculty and students. I would classify
> it as a 'must' read. Instructors might consider sharing it with all
> their students.
>
> Tony Norman
> Chair, UCR Senate

Robin Russin

Associate Professor & Graduate Advisor
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"I try all things; I achieve what I can." - Ishmael in "Moby Dick,"
written by Herman Melville

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it." - William Munny in
"Unforgiven," written by David Webb Peoples