[CW-Grad] Get your 10 minute plays in order

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 23 23:43:56 PST 2009

Hi all--

I want to remind you that next term the Golden Mean Players will be doing the "48" show, in which playwrights write a ten-minute play one day, and it gets performed the next. It's a fun, high-wire evening that I encourage you to take advantage of. I will let you know when the date is locked down.

Also, there will be an opportunity for another night of 10 minute plays next term, so let's have 'em.  This is not limited to playwriting majors. We've had wonderful plays by fiction writers and poets, even, as unlikely as that sounds.

>:-)

Remember, the Golden Mean Players are your resource for workshopping and having a staged reading with actual actors (as opposed to your performance-challenged friends). Tonight (Monday) they did a full-length play written, directed and acted by our undergrads that was both well-done and well-attended; there will be a second performance tomorrow (Tuesday) in HMSS 411, if you'd like to check it out.

Robin Russin

Associate Professor & Graduate Advisor
robin.russin at ucr.edu