[Cwgrad-announcements] Re TA possibilities in THEA

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Tue May 19 22:30:22 PDT 2009

Dear MFAers:

Those of you who have experience and interest in a TA position in one of our undergrad THEA courses should prepare a CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and strengths, and send it to me.

The classes for which we have usually had TAs in the fall, and for which we expect we'll still have them, are:

THEA 10 -- Intro to Acting (two TAs)
THEA 66 -- Intro to Screenwriting

Both are lower division classes, open to all comers.

THEA 10 will also probably offer two TA positions in Winter and Spring.

In Winter we will also probably have a TA for THEA 21, "Culture Clash," which focuses on Latino Theater and Film.

We are hoping to add several other positions, but given the budget we can't be too optimistic about that.

Priority is usually given to 2nd years, although 3rd years with particular expertise can receive (and have received) TA positions if and when 2nd years either aren't appropriate TAs for our classes or find TA positions in other classes.

You all know that you should also prepare letters and explore TA possibilities for other departments as well, whether in the Writing Program, Comp Lit, or other areas in which you may have expertise. One way or another, we're trying to get you all set!

Robin Russin
Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn