[Cwgrad-announcements] Fwd: Thanks to Maurya and to Laila for passing along some interesting reading:

cwhitney Chuck.Whitney at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 3 13:18:58 PDT 2009

 From Laila:  Notice that the New Yorker has a very droll book review
essay this week by Louis Menand of Mark McGurl's The Program Era
(Harvard U.P.) about creative writing programs, in which, I would note
without comment,  McGurl calls the development of academic creative
writing programs "the most important event in postwar American
literary history."

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/atlarge/2009/06/08/090608crat_atlarge_menand?currentPage=all

Maurya has a poem (Angels, reprinted from Ghost Orchid) as the lead
piece in the current issue of the online journal The American Museum:
See below for a link.  BTW:  The fourth article is a piece by some guy
named Obama).

D. Charles (Chuck) Whitney
Office:  Department of Creative Writing, 4159 INTS, UC Riverside,
Riverside CA 92521 / 951.827.6076 FAX 951.827.3619
Home:  6170 Kirk St., Riverside CA 92506 / 951.781.3497