[CW-Grad] New Press/Lit Mag!

khill002 at student.ucr.edu khill002 at student.ucr.edu
Sun Jul 19 06:43:33 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

It's official! Two nights ago, Connotation Press became a reality. Follow this link: http://connotationpress.com to the submission page for the site.

Connotation Press accepts submissions in poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, play writing, screenplay, graphic or visual arts, interview, book review, music review, video (for spoken word or music or…), etc. Basically, we're looking at virtually every genre or crossover genre you can create.

We are an artist-first, featured-artist endeavor. Each artist published at Connotation Press Online will have their own feature. For example, a poet would have three poems, an interview, a bio, a photograph, and if they send in a video of themselves reading the poems, that too will be considered fair game for the site.

Connotation Press is designed to be a hub for the conversations generated by the many expressions art is taking us in the modern world. It is our hope that by providing an inclusive place for many genres to flourish, we will hopefully introduce artists of varying genres to each other in a nurturing, crossroads-like environment. Connotation Press will have an extensive set of community pages to encourage this cross-genre interaction.

Connotation Press will publish at least one video interview with a nationally known artist each edition. Additionally, we will feature artists at the launch point of their careers (in our featured undergrad and local scene sections), in the building stages (i.e., writers with two but not more than four books, or gallery shown visual artists ), and established artists with 30 page CVs.

As goofy as it sounds, Connotation Press is a labor of love. Our unbelievably talented, award winning technical staff will do everything possible to ensure your work is shown in the best possible way, and in a clean, easy to use format.

Our scheduled launch date is September 1st so please don't delay! We hope to hear from you very soon.

All our best,
Kaite Hillenbrand, As-Of-Yet-Untitled-Staff-Member
Ken Robidoux, Editor-in-Chief, and all the staff at Connotation Press.
Connotation Press
Source: connotationpress.com