[Cwgrad-announcements] Goldwyn Awards and campus visit

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 19 13:14:21 PST 2009

Hi all:

Please mark your schedules and attend if at all possible:

Rorri Feinstein, from the Samuel Goldwyn Company, is coming on:

January 26 at 4:00 PM, in Arts 214 (or possibly Arts 335--I will update you as the day approaches).

to give you information about the awards, and also to hear pitches from students who have scripts (not to buy the scripts, but to help improve your pitches).

You may recall that UCR students Nils Lyew and Kevin Cramer won significant (cash) Goldwyn awards, which in Kevin's case led to his script being optioned. Our own Prof. Weiko Lin was also a winner.

The Goldwyn competition is for any long-form dramatic script, either for the stage, television or film. Previous award winners include (along with Weiko, Nils and Kevin) Francis Ford Coppola, Allison Anders, Carolyn See, Eric Roth, James Robert Baker, Jonathan Kellerman, Colin Higgins, Pamela Gray, Carroll Ballard, and Scott Rosenberg.

Robin Russin
Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn