[Cwgrad-announcements] Guest Lecture: "The Theater of Knowledge"

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Sat Jan 17 11:25:22 PST 2009

The Department of Theater is hosting a guest lecture by
Prof. Brunella Antomarini of John Cabot University, Rome

The lecture is titled:
"The Theater of Knowledge"

and it will be held
Jan 26, 1-3:00
INTS 2124

Prof. Antomarini will discuss how theater can be used as a model for understanding philosophical processes of knowledge. She will demonstrate, through examples from Shakespeare and Kleist, how the superimposition of psychological states, the continuous attempt to overcome points of view, and conflicting modes of logical reasoning are theatrical elements which can shed light on human cognitive dynamics.

Prof. Antomarini is Chair of the Department of the Humanities at John Cabot University, Rome, Italy. Together with Susan Stewart she has recently co-written "The Acoustical Prehistory of Poetry" in New Literary History, Vol 35, n.3 (summer 2004) as well as "Scipione: Poesie E Prose / Poems and Prose (2001) and has edited the book (InVerse: Italian Poets in Translation" (2007).

Erith Jaffe-Berg, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
erithj at ucr.edu

Robin Russin
Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn