[Cwgrad-announcements] Second Annual Science Fiction Short Story Contest for UC Students only

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 15 08:31:27 PST 2009

Second Annual Science Fiction Short Story Contest
for UC Students only
First prize: $500   Second prize: $250
Judge: Sheila Finch
Guidelines:

   1. Subject: Stories must engage directly with the topic of the conference: Extraordinary Voyages, and be recognizable as Science Fiction.
   2. Length: Stories must not exceed 6000 words.
   3. Format.  Please be sure to follow these standard guidelines. Submissions that do not, will be automatically discarded:

          * Black ink on white paper.
          * One side of the page only.
          * 12 pt. Courier or other monospaced font.
          * Double-spaced.
          * 1" margins on all sides.
          * Left-justified only (i.e. ragged right margins).
          * Underline in place of italics.
          * Header on each page, giving author's last name, title (or abbreviation thereof), and page number of total.
          * Author's name and address in the upper left corner of the first page.
          * Estimated word-count in the upper right corner of the first page.
   4. Deadline: Submissions must be postmarked February 15, 2009

Full time undergraduate and graduate students from all University of California are eligible.

    Mail six (6) print copies to:
    Professor Stephanie Hammer,
    Dept.of Comparative Literature & Foreign Languages
    2401 HMNSS Building
    University of California, Riverside
    PO Box 5900
    Riverside, CA 92521-5900

contact us: eatonconference at ucr.edu

Robin Russin
Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn