[Cwgrad-announcements] Petition for Secretary of the Arts

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:05:29 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tian, Jie <jtian at exchange.fullerton.edu>
Date: Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Subject: FW: Petition for Secretary of the Arts
To: "chinginchen at gmail.com" <chinginchen at gmail.com>

 Hi Ching-In,

Have you seen this? Important. Please share.

Thank you!
Jie
 ------------------------------
 ------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Please take a moment to sign this petition!!
http://www.petitiononline.com/esnyc/petition.html

*Secretary of the Arts *

To be seen and heard, we must be at the table.  Here's our chance...
Quincy Jones has started a petition to ask President-Elect Obama to appoint
a Secretary of the Arts.  While many other countries have had Ministers of
Art or Culture for Centuries, The United States has never created such a
position.  We in the arts need this, and the country needs the arts -- now
more than ever.

Please take a moment to sign this important petition, and pass it on to your
friends and colleagues.  It only takes a moment, and if we in the arts
community don't do it, then who will?

http://www.petitiononline.com/esnyc/petition.html

--
~~~~~