[CW-Grad] Congrats to Tiffany Hawk

Tod Goldberg tod.goldberg at ucr.edu
Mon Dec 21 15:20:41 PST 2009

Hi all,

Tiffany Hawk, one of our Low Residency MFA students, has a
fantastic (and fantastically scary) op-ed in today's LA Times
about the sleep deprivation facing those in the air travel
industry.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-hawk21-
2009dec21,0,6860496.story

But the truly fascinating part of this story? Tiffany
workshopped it last week during the waning days of the
residency, re-worked it that same day with help from the
insight of her professor Deanne Stillman and her workshop
mates and then submitted it straight away to the Times...and
now here it is, seven days later, in the paper.

If that's not enough, a second workshopped essay from
residency will be appearing in the NY Times on January 10th.

So I hope you'll join me in congratulating Tiffany on this
quick and well-earned response to her work!

Tod