[Cwgrad-announcements] Kaya Press Author Brian Castro reading in Los Angeles, May 4th and May 7th for Asian Pacific Heritage Month

Gabriela Jauregui gabrielajauregui at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:38:30 PDT 2009

Dear Friends,

Kaya Press is thrilled to bring the work of Brian Castro, one of
Australia’s most acclaimed literary talents to the United States for
the first time. We are pleased to announce a five-city author tour for
Brian Castro to celebrate the U.S. edition of his novel, SHANGHAI
DANCING, to be released in May 2009.

Combining photographs and written text, Brian Castro's fictional
autobiography asks if life’s meaning is to be found in the moment or
the memory. The winner of some of Australia’s top literary prizes,
Shanghai Dancing has been praised by its judges as “a work of major
significance [that] challenges our expectations of storytelling ... It
is impressive as history, as fiction, as a book which stretches the
literary form and which speaks to the universality of the human
experience.”

He will be in the Los Angeles area, reading and giving a powerpoint
presentation of historical and family photographs May 4th (Booksoup)
and May 7th (So Pasadena Public LIbrary). Both events are free and
open to the public.

May 4: Los Angeles
Booksoup, 8818 W Sunset Blvd; booksoup.com
7 pm, FREE; Panel discussion with Australian writers David Francis and
Steven Rafter

May 7: Los Angeles
South Pasadena Public Library, 1414 Mission Street,
ci.south-pasadena.ca.us/library
6 pm, FREE; Reading

More details are included in the press released attached- please
distribute freely.

Please contact me if you have any questions, would like to request a
review copy of SHANGHAI DANCING, or would like to request an interview
with Brian Castro while he is in the United States.

Many thanks,

Patricia Wakida
outreach and publicity, Kaya Press
www.kayapress.blogspot.com