[Cwgrad-announcements] Fwd: BUCKWORLD ONE MAY 13 UCR

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 14 13:07:16 PDT 2009

This is a must-see. I've seen it at the LA Theater Center, and it was
extraordinary.

Robin

Begin forwarded message:

From: <rickerby at ucr.edu>
Date: April 13, 2009 11:23:02 PM PDT
Subject: BUCKWORLD ONE MAY 13 UCR

My Folks--

As you can tell from the Subject, this is about another BUCKWORLD ONE
performance. This time it's local (If you live in the Inland Empire of
Southern California). I hope most of you can make it out. This
performance is a tribute to one of our cast members Christopher
"Cornbread" Jackson killed almost a year ago (July 18, 08).

We have recently had two outstanding performances in Ashland, Oregon
and San Francisco, and are poised to take this thing national in the
coming year, so come see what all the hype's about.

Rickerby

Buckworld one
“Cornbread Tribute”

May 13, 7pm
University Theater
University of California, Riverside

Tickets $7.00
Purchase by phone through UCR’s Box Office: 951-827-4331

Buckworld One tackles the age-old question of our existence and
purpose on earth.  From the universal to the individual to the
relationship between fathers and sons to our search for God, this
production attempts to tell this expansive story through Krump dance,
spoken word, and historical video footage in a multi-media presentation.
(Check out footage of latest BUCKWORLD performance in San Francisco.
YOUTUBE buckworld one Isis)

Rickerby Hinds
Associate Professor, Playwriting
MFA Graduate Advisor

951.827.3871
951.827.4651-fax

Robin Russin
Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn