[Cwgrad-announcements] Women writers wanted as mentors

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Fri Sep 12 12:42:13 PDT 2008

Hi All!  Want to be a mentor?  Check this out.  As always, please remember that postings to the ListServs are for information only and are not an endorsement.  Please conduct your own research.

>From WriteGirl:

WOMEN WRITERS WANTED

YOU LOVE TO WRITE – YOU'LL LOVE WRITEGIRL

And WriteGirls will love you! We're looking for mentors and volunteers for our 8th season of creative writing workshops and mentoring for teen girls. WriteGirl welcomes all women of diverse professional backgrounds to join our
energetic community of writers. Apply your professional skills, enrich a young woman's life – and let her enrich yours!

WHAT IS WRITEGIRL?
WriteGirl pairs professional women writers with teen girls to explore the power of words and writing. Through mentoring, writing workshops, public readings, performances, and publications, WriteGirls get help from expert writers on
poetry, fiction, journalism, screenwriting, songwriting and more. Since 2001, WriteGirl has been helping girls discover confidence, self-esteem, communication skills and the power
of their own unique voice.

For more information, visit www.writegirl.org or call : 213-253-2655
Download an application from our website.
http://www.writegirl.org/about.html

(Click on Mentors and then "Read More About Mentoring" and go to "How to Apply.")

Deadline for volunteer applications: September 30th.