[Cwgrad-announcements] For All Time - new Cornerstone show!

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:33:02 PDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laurie Woolery <lwoolery at cornerstonetheater.org>
Date: Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM
Subject: Come see the latest Cornerstone - I'm directing...
To: Hisa Takakuwa <hisa at scr.org>

 Friends,

I would like to invite you to come see the show I am currently directing.

It's the 3rd show in Cornerstone's Justice Cycle and it explores the themes
of punishment and retribution within the justice system.
It has rocked my world and is definitely the hardest thing I have every
worked on – very rewarding and terrifying.

Let me know if you are able to come. It would mean the world to me.

All my love,

laurie

**************

*For All Time
**Written by* *KJ SANCHEZ
**Directed by LAURIE WOOLERY

Scenic Designer - Amy C. Maier / Costume Designer - Elizabeth A. Cox /
Lighting Designer - Geoff Korf / Sound Designer – Michael Hooker /
Production Stage Manager – Lindsay Byrne
*
*Community Partners include: The California Institute for Women, Partnership
for Re-Entry Program (PREP), Families to Amend California's Three Strikes
(FACTS), All Saints Church in Pasadena, South Asian Network (SAN)

October 30 – November 23, 2008
@ Shakespeare Festival/LA
*1238 W. 1st St.
Los Angeles, CA 90026

Let the punishment fit the crime…a simple principle at the center of a
complex network of laws and ethics. As citizens trust in a system that
places judgment and retribution in the hands of a few mortal individuals, is
true justice even possible? As the state sends more offenders to prison,
does crime actually pay?

*For All Time* presents an in-depth look into the social, familial, and
economic impact of criminal actions, the process of judgment and the system
of incarceration. Created in collaboration with prisoners, formerly
incarcerated, victims, family members, public defenders, prosecutors,
activists and advocates, For All Time brings stories of crime and punishment
to life and raises questions about the nature of retribution and the endless
cycle of violence. As blood cries for blood, what role does forgiveness play
in silencing the rage?
*"Rest assured that Cornerstone's compassion and inclusiveness will be
combined with a hot-button fearlessness."* - *Charles McNulty*, Los Angeles
Times

*Times & Dates:
*October 30 – November 23, 2008
Thursdays – Saturdays at 8:00p.m.
Sundays at 3:00p.m.
Plus Wednesdays November 12 & 19 at 8:00p.m.

*To Purchase Tickets:
*www.CornerstoneTheater.org
or call (800) 838-3006
Reserved tickets are $20 online
Pay-What-You-Can tickets available at the door

For information about talk-backs and community dialogues, call (213)
613-1700 x. 33
or visit our website and sign-up for e-mail updates.

*www.CornerstoneTheater.org
<http://www.CornerstoneTheater.org><http://www.CornerstoneTheater.org>
*

--