[Cwgrad-announcements] A Message from the Golden Mean Players

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:42:59 PST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <pjacq001 at student.ucr.edu>

Can we send this to the grad writers?

Thanks,

Paul**

*Subject:* A Message from the Golden Mean Players

Hello everyone,

First, I want to thank you all for the massive turnout we've had for this
quarter. The shows were a resounding success, pulling tears and laughs from
the hardest of audience members.  I want to congratulate the performers and
those who auditioned.

With that said, I have a number of great opportunities for the rest of this
quarter and the next quarter. The Theater Department's film class is looking
for actors for their final projects. LaSharon Perez will be shooting hers on
Nov. 22nd and 23rd, and if you're interested, shoot her a line, either on
facebook or feel free to call her: 951-966-0256. Calling someone you don't
know's a little nerve-wracking, I know, but she's cool and just say Allen
sent ya.

Also, for next quarter, the Theater Department is putting on two shows,
Romeo & Juliet and the musical Songs for a New World. They're auditioning on
Dec. 3, and those should be good.

Golden Mean has two shows we're doing next quarter, and we'll be auditioning
those on Jan 28: a night of One Acts and our signature, 48.

Six writers get together following the auditions, and each are given a theme
and photos of their cast. They then have 24 hours to write their individual
ten-minute play. 8PM the next day, the casts and directors are given the
plays, and have 24 hours till curtains. Whole thing is lots of fun all
round, and its only two days of committment for a hell of a ride!

If you're interested in directing or writing, please let me know. Paul, I
would be greatly appreciated if you could share this with the grad students,
and Kate, feel free to mention it to the playwriting class.

Again, I want to thank you all for auditioning and performing, and look
forward to working with you all in the coming quarters!

-Allen Ivers

--

~~~~~
Ching-In Chen