[Cwgrad-announcements] Another Excellent MFA Get-together

Andrew Winer andrew.winer at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 12 10:16:02 PDT 2008

While we're on the subject of excellent MFA get-togethers: Last Saturday's UCR MFA Program reading at Skylight Books in Los Angeles was a huge success, for many reasons.  First and foremost, our second-year MFA's--Alex Brasfield, Carly Kimmel, Melanie Jeffrey and Brenda Varda--read so beautifully, engagingly, and intelligently, and I'm so proud of them.  The reading also re-established our MFA program's important presence on the Southern California and Los Angeles scene.  And, finally, there was a real sense of community (and even family) both at the reading and then at the party afterward that was so generously held and hosted by Carly Kimmel.  Special thanks go to both her and Gaby for organizing this event, which is fast becoming a tradition.

See you at the next one!

Andrew

Andrew Winer
Assistant Professor and Graduate Advisor
MFA Program in Creative Writing &
Writing for the Performing Arts
Department of Creative Writing
University of California